Saturday, May 21, 2022

The Spiritual Revolution We Need

Andrew Atkin - May, 2022

Why is it that I can be so comfortably objective about the need for fertility management, to the end of stopping the devastating cycle of mass child abuse, to the end of fighting dysgenic decay, and to the end of achieving long-range population stability?

The central reason is because I don't care - as such. If it's so that my genes are too rubbish to be rightly selected for breeding, and if it's so that I'm too psychologically damaged from child abuse to be a good parent myself, then all I will say to that is "so be it".

I have no ultimate ego in my physical and mental status. This is because of what you could call my spiritual position, which is that my body is not the ultimate 'me'. My body is simply the horse that I ride for this singular lifetime, which I believe (and for many reasons) is only one ride, one horse, out of many more to come and maybe countless that have already been.

Ok. I will turn the page to create a clear and simple picture: 

Take a look at that tragic beggar on the street. Poor health, low intelligence, and infested with psychological pain from chronic early abuse. Are you better than him? Well your body probably is, but look directly at the substantial difference.... I will further create the foundation picture:

When you sleep and dream, your mind goes incredibly dumb because it gates conscious access to your neocortex, which is mostly inactive during sleep. Also, you're insane when you dream. You see things that aren't actually there, and believe in the moment of the dream that it's all real. But, when you dream you are still you - the exact same conscious entity. 

You can see my point? Fundamentally, you're no different to that beggar on the street who rides a difficult and constricted horse. You're just riding an easier horse - for now. Indeed, if you reach a ripe old age your horse (meaning, your body) might well become more pitiful than that beggars. Alzheimer's and a wheelchair is a waiting potential for us all. 

So why the vanity? Why care so much for the glory of your beautiful body, elite status, and high intelligence? Again - it really is just the horse you ride, for now. Ultimately your biological inheritance is worth nothing as such, other than the wellbeing it might provide for a few decades, and hopefully a positive legacy. And that horse you ride, though of course important in itself, is worth nothing compared to the consciousness (spirit) that rides it.

The picture I've created, I believe, is exactly how most people do not see themselves. They value their biological virtues deeply because it helps them to feel they're worthwhile, by feeling like they measure up.

Likewise, it's difficult for people to let their identifications go, for even when they're irrational, and especially when the emotional-driver behind their identity is rooted in repressed pain from childhood; that is, the pain from a childhood with parents who made them feel worthless, through neglect and heartless denigrations (this is so common it's a norm).

The result of our identities, I believe, is that we become afraid of considering fertility management, because we're loath to be told that we might be part of the [let's say?] 20% who are not 'good enough' to breed. That's the last thing our egos want to hear. And so, our spiritual position shuts down the conversations we need to have. And at worst, it opens the path to opaque government forces that may well make our fertility decisions for us (eg, China).

Hence, we need a spiritual revolution. I will say it crude but clear: We can think like horse breeders only when we're not so identified with our horses. A spiritual revolution could help get us there. It could one day make fertility management a comfortable topic - and it needs to be, one day at least. 



No comments:

Post a Comment